Friday, March 26, 2010

Another top!

I have been wanting to get these photos up for a week now and forget to have Tim do the photos. The one I took of myself in the mirror. I see lots of ladies who do this well, but I can't seem to get the hang of it.

Anyway, the pattern, using my normal 12, was very large. Luckily I had done a muslin of it and altered the muslin and it fits well. I was glad I made the sleeves according to the pattern, even though they seemed kinda floppy, which I feared might annoy me. I put a snap halfway down the sleeve opening and added a button for decoration. The buttons are vintage ones from mom. I just love the buttons!

There is one problem, as you can see in the last picture. The back princess seam by the arm scythe is much too large. I have been wanting to get into pattern drafting, and have read a couple of books on it. I just might have to use this as my first pattern drafting trial. Much more research will have to be done first!

I love this top and the way it fits. The fabric is fantastic. It's a nice cotton/poly that washes up beautifully.


  1. Hi, Lois! I noticed that you joined the following on my blog. I had a heck of a time tracking you down! Pop in sometime and say"hi".

    Love your blouse. The colors are wonderful! Nice sewing!

  2. Looks good.. Nice pictures... I thought you did a good job taking pictures in the mirror... looks hard.