14 hours ago
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Here is what I have been busy with lately. I had two chairs purchased from a garage sale several years ago. They were yellow and I liked them well enough, but decided I needed to lighten up my living room. There are no windows on more than half of the room.
Here are the chairs before I tore them apart.
I have done slipcovering a few times in the past, but this was my first attempt at actual reupholstering. I watched a couple of u-tubes and then tore into it.
Alas, I didn't take many pictures of the process. I saved the pieces I tore off and used them as a pattern. I bought foam (this is EXPENSIVE). Something to do with the price of oil. I used the foam instead of the cotton batting. I simply pulled taut and stapled.
My husband provided me with this dangerous-looking, but highly efficient staple gun powered by compressed air. It did the job beautifully.
I'm really pretty pleased with the outcome.