Monday, April 23, 2012

I bought Sandra Betzina's V1275. I found it to run fairly small according to my dimensions. You can either make the top with no gathers in the center front or with the gathers..  I chose the no gathers for the first time.  I have since made it with the gathers (post later.)  As Sandra mentions in her pattern instructions, because of the raglan-like sleeve, you don't have to worry about the shoulder fit, especially in the two-way stretch knit. I did fuse Pam's interfacing to the fabric, since I am not fond of slinky, clingy tops. It fits really well.
Sometimes I think I am a better sewist than I really am. I tried to apply the binding all the way around the neck edge, trying to scrunch it around the front corners. Trouble! It didn't look good. So I go back and read the instuctions and find out she just hems the front center piece and puts binding around the back and side. I really like the pattern and hope to make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment