Monday, November 7, 2011

My Coat!!!

I have been wanting to make a wool coat forever! There have been so many coat sew-alongs that I have looked at the past couple of years. But wool fabric is so expensive and I wasn't sure about the whole thing.

I used Burda 7587. I made a muslin out of some heavier polyester type fabric that I happened to have and never used. The muslin fit well with no adjustments.

From November 7, 2011


I had thought about interlining it with flannel, but instead bought the Joann's lining fabric that is flannel-backed. It is plenty heavy. I have worn it a couple of times - wool is a very warm fabric!

I got the wool fabric up in Victoria while we were vacationing up there recently. I spotted what turned out to be a fantastic fabric store called Gala Fabric
From November 7, 2011

From November 7, 2011

From November 7, 2011


1 comment:

  1. That's a fantastic coat. I love the plaid on the diagonal. Great sewing!

    ReplyDelete