Thursday, May 6, 2010

McCall's 3106 Jacket

Procrastination has to end sometime, right? I have been meaning to get this jacket up on the blog for some time.



I cannot find this pattern on the McCalls website even though I recently bought the pattern, so here is the photo.


Here's a photo of the jacket from the back and from the front.







This jacket is very comfortable to wear and I fully expect to make it again. I'd like to do it again without the collar. The zipper went in nicely except the instructions didn't seem clear - it said to sew the facings on and then afterwards put the zipper on. Maybe there is something I missed.... Anyway, I basted the zipper on before putting the facing on the front.

I like this pleat in the back seam of the lining. Makes it very comfy.



One more photo of the front.

2 comments:

  1. That's a very pretty jacket. It would be stunning with white pants or skirt. Hang onto that pattern because it's discontinued.

    ReplyDelete